Monday, April 5, 2010

Premiums


I love the premiums and advertising that were linked to The Shadow. Blue Coal had some nice ones. There were lots of ads for the local broadcasts of the radio program. Everyone seemed to want to jump on the bandwagon and it really made the experience so much more fun. When the new movie comes out I hope there are some more adult (as in serious) ancillary items that go beyond cereal incentives and action figures. Perhaps reinstating The Shadow Club, or more to the point, The National Protective League. Yeah, I know, not relevant to the world today. At least that's how many people feel. I would argue that it is more relevant now than ever before. But that's another issue. As to the premiums I would hope that some of the replica companies would be interested in recreating items like the ring, the slouch hat and the cloak. Even the guns would be great, circa 1929. An autogyro model would be incredible as well. Sigh, I'll quit geeking out now. Regarding the two pins I've posted, the simplicity harkens to a less complicated time, when we didn't need that much to really make ourselves happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment