Thursday, October 28, 2021

DUNE


 This is off the beaten path but I was just wondering if anyone else enjoyed the new Dune film as much as I did.  This has long been a favorite book of mine and I have waited 43 years for this adaptation.  Beautiful and pretty faithful.  I don't want to get into the controversies that our society feels obligated to heap onto any production anymore.  I was transported to Arrakis to share in the hero's journey that Paul embarks on.  Herbert created such a compelling world with his 6 Dune novels (I haven't read the books written by his son) that I have never been able to leave it behind.  This film captures his words and puts them on the big screen so much like I imagined.  I loved this movie and am wondering what others think.



No comments:

Post a Comment