Tuesday, January 9, 2018

The Shadow for President


With the announcement that Oprah Winfrey might make a run for POTUS (which I don't take seriously) I really had to wonder what is wrong with the voting public who just don't take politics seriously.  People are so angry with "career" politicians that they vote in unqualified candidates who they feel they could have a beer with.  We have given over control to fools and small minded persons who really don't have the best interests of the population in mind.

I try not to pontificate on politics but I have been despairing ever since the death of  Justice Antonin Scalia.  With politics being played to a degree of corruption that made me ill, the Supreme Court was left without a full set of judges for nearly 14 months until Neil Gorsuch was sworn in.  This is not an indictment of Justice Gorsuch (although I'd prefer a less conservative judge) but a real concern about where we, as the American public, stand when taking care of our own (as a society) interests and concerns.  Far too many special interests are running our country and too few people in power wanting to put us back on track as a nation of the people, by the people, (and most importantly) for the people.

I know this isn't the place to go off on this type of stuff and I definitely don't want to step on anyone else's political views because I believe, generally, that there is something of value in almost all views (throwing out the those of people who hate just to hate).  But we need to take a step back, take a deep collective breath, and start working together.  Whew, all this triggered by that little Tom Lovell illustration up there.


No comments:

Post a Comment