Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Master of Death

I like this cover well enough. I agree with Agent T, any cover with the shadow of The Shadow cast upon it makes it a much stronger piece. My only gripe is the transparent suit of the skeletal figure. It may be accurate but it looks goofy. Just my take on it.
If you care to check out the review at "The Shadow in Review", click here. Mr. Olsen quotes an interesting bit from the story that immediately makes me want to read this tale:

"Now here's a point of interest. In this story, The Shadow saves a millionaire from a death trap - poisonous gas. He casually comments, "Poison gas... I know a lot about it - through my war experience." He says this while in the guise of Lamont Cranston. But, to the best of our knowledge, Cranston had no war experience. Could this have been a slip of the tongue? Was The Shadow referring to his own war experiences as the Black Eagle? Perhaps something he experienced when acting as secret agent behind enemy lines back during The Big War? What a tantalizing tidbit upon which to ponder..."

No comments:

Post a Comment