Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Jade Dragon


The return of Walter B. Gibson to the duties of penning the tales of The Shadow. Alas, too little too late. Elliott and the new editorial PTB had irrevocably set the course of the magazine in a death spiral. The cover? Well, since I am a comic guy, I like the cover. Do I think it's a Shadow cover? No, I don't. I also am not a fan of the hint that The Shadow has been shot by this benign shopkeeper. When I see the ring, I want it to be indicative of our hero, not a way to identify his corpse.
This review says that The Shadow of old had returned in this tale but I think, like when they renew a TV show but put it on in a place where no one can find it, matters not how good it is the people have moved on. I believe that the readers had moved on after trying to understand the Elliott direction and deciding the ride was over. Pity.

No comments:

Post a Comment