Friday, May 6, 2011

The Golden Pagoda

Sorry, Agent T. As far as I know there is no tale titled "The Golden Padoda". Better luck next time. (Heh, couldn't resist)
Love, love, love this cover. The "huge" smokewagon thrusting out of the cover gripped by the iconic left hand prominently displaying the fire opal. The clew that has the oriental knife piercing it against the backdrop of the golden pagoda. Wow, fantastic! I especially love the fact that there is no white shirt cuff protruding out of the cloak sleeve. That always made me think that The Shadow could easily be seen when flashes of a white shirt catch a stray ray of light. Didn't strike me as very stealthy.
As to the story, check out the review here. This marks the second appearance of Myra Reldon, an entirely underused agent in my opinion. I know that Margo took over that role but that is a tirade for another time.

1 comment:

  1. You say pagoda, I say padoda; padoda, pagoda, pagoda, padoda, let's call the whole thing off!

    ReplyDelete