Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Musing, if you'll permit me

Would the Shadow be as interesting in this era, with all of the tracking devices, instant information and the lack of respect that "loyal" agents seem to show for their superiors? Cellular phones, gps, twitter... all of these make the detective less interesting when technology does the work of the hero. He then only shows up to deal out justice. I rather think that the Gene Hackman character from "Enemy of the State" would be the new "Shadow", living off the grid, finding ways to defeat technology. Perhaps his girasol emits a field of energy that would keep him from being photographed (digitally). I don't know, but I find the heroes of yore, living by their wits and experience, far more intriguing than the new crop of "adventurers" that employ all of the gadgets that are readily available to you and I. However, I do enjoy "Burn Notice" and the manner in which Michael Weston survives to fight another day. Would he be the new "Shadow"?

No comments:

Post a Comment