Wednesday, March 31, 2010

More things that I covet






The first two images are of Walter B. Gibson's custom ring, commissioned by Litzka Gibson, his wife. Electric Tiki recently introduced a Shadow sculpture with the ring recreated, as shown in the bottom photo.
I approached a jeweler I deal with and proposed a copy be made from the photos of the original but, as of now, nothing has come of it. There are many things that I want but this is very close to the top of my list. I would probably try to design one myself that had a distinctly Russian look to it, mimicking the idea that it came from the Czar of Russia. That and the flip top to reveal the seven pointed star within.
I personally like the Czarist angle with the Dark Eagle more than the Ying Ko storyline, giving the Shadow more of a connection to the Great War and the intrigue of the Romanoff (Romanov?) family. But either way, the ring is the thing and I covet it as much as anything dealing with the Shadow.

1 comment: