Friday, November 26, 2021

I've decided to begin rereading the Dynamite series...

 




I'm already regretting it.  But it has brought up a disturbing thought in my already disturbed noggin.  At what point did our heroes become not so heroic?  I'm not just laying this at the feet of Dynamite but my other great hero has been Batman.  The various books I pick up have strayed so far from the character that, in many respects, helped mold my personal view of how things should be.  The stories are so convoluted these days as to not have a lesson in mind.  Yes, I think if you are putting out a book with the word "hero" included said character should be heroic.  And a major aspect of being heroic is being a role model.  I won't bother getting into the sports heroes as I don't believe they are in it for anything more than money and glory.  And why not, it's a job.  Fictional heroes should be someone who can stand at the end of a story with his/her hands on hips and recount why you should eat your vegetables and go to school.  To couch the tales of today as being "adult" seems to me a cheat.

Anyhow, enough bloviating.  I'll be back with updates on the ups and downs of the Dynamite series.

No comments:

Post a Comment