Monday, March 15, 2021

What I'm reading now

 Before I get back to The Shadow adventures I've been taking a little detour.  I just finished "The Return of Tarzan" and am almost through "The Federalist Papers" (a slog but very eye opening to me).  I spent a little time with the book "Be Water My Friend" by Bruce Lee's daughter Shannon Lee.  I have the lastest Clive Cussler (inspired) novel "Fast Ice" sitting on my bed stand but that will have to wait until I have finished


This is the first novel I've read dealing with the post Star Trek The Motion Picture adventures of the crew.  Bennett has done a lot of in-universe research and it's fun to see how he has incorporated TOS with TAS and ST:Enterprise as well as some of the other novels by other authors.  I believe he even referenced a bit of Spock background from ST Discovery, although it could be that Discovery took it from one of the novels.  I don't read a lot of Trek so I'm not up on all of the different backstories that aren't filmed.

After I'm done with this I will be delving back into the murky world of Ying Ko!

No comments:

Post a Comment