Monday, December 11, 2017

Feeling a bit nostalgic


Well, nostalgic for this wrongly maligned film from 1994.  Was it perfect?  Of course not.  Was it fun.  Yes.  Did they mess with the history of The Shadow?  Duh.  I had a lot of problems with this film but in the end I truly enjoyed it and have come to enjoy it more and more as the years pass.  Is that because no new movie has come into being to tell me there is something better?  Maybe, to a degree.  But that doesn't take away from the great look of this film, wonderful costuming and set pieces, and that awesome score.  I like the casting although it would have been nice if Alec had an aquiline nose as Lamont Cranston.  Alas, can't have it all.  Now, I'm gonna drop the disc and enjoy a rather decent little film.

No comments:

Post a Comment