Sunday, January 29, 2017

What I just finished

After finishing "The Killer" on the plane to Sin City I started the latest Will Murray Doc Savage/The Shadow crossover although I'm not a real fan of Shiwan Khan as he seems to be the default villain for The Shadow.  That being said I enjoyed the book pretty well.  I have to say I prefer "The Sinister Shadow" better as it seemed to deal with our hero much more.  I've always liked the idea of Doc Savage but just can't wrap myself up in his team.  They always struck me as being aimed more for juveniles than being fleshed out as serious adult characters.  Guess that's the aim of some of the pulps.  However, I appreciate all of the research and touchstones Will put into this one and it made for a quick read (even at 425 pages).  A quick shout out to Tim King for being a patron of the pulp arts and commissioning the cover art.

No comments:

Post a Comment