Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The Golden Dog Murders

  No guesses to start the year so I guess I can call this one a "stumper".  Love this cover with two reservations.  1) I really don't like the diamond being so stylized in concert with the really great rendering of the hands and statuette.  Just pulls me out of this one.  2) The Shadow being injured just has never sat well with me.  I get it as far as an illustration to grab the buyer's attention but with so few covers (relatively) of The Shadow, especially really well rendered ones, I want them all to be heroic, mysterious and iconic.  Yeah, I know.  Still, this one does grab my attention and I always appreciate nicely painted cover art.
  Although this has been reprinted by Anthony Tollin I have yet to read it.  I'll have to defer to this review from the now defunct The Shadow in Review to get a "hand"le on this one.  This is the seventh published tale by Theodore Tinsley whom I have yet to read any of.  I look forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I guessed it...see comment under original puzzle piece!

    ReplyDelete