Thursday, March 15, 2012

Murder House


Published 75 years ago today, Murder House sports a great cover. Perhaps it's because I'm now immersed in the gaming industry that this appeals to me or just the fact that I'm a big fan of James Bond (the literary version moreso than a lot of the films) but either way, I like it. This cover is well painted and I love the inclusion of the screenprinted gameboard on the green felt background. Of course, this means The Shadow is either lying down on the table has been placed on its edge. Heh, it really doesn't bother me since it looks great.
The story remains a mystery to me since I haven't read it yet but I am making my way to it. In the meantime I rely on "The Shadow in Review" for an overview of the tale (originally submitted under the title "House of Murder"). Great site, by the way, for those of you who have never visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment