Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Okay, I've started "The Shadow" by James Patterson and Brian Sitts

I'm hoping that they pull this together in a hurry.  I'm about 1/6 of the way through it.  The Shadow/Lamont Cranston and Margo disappear in 1937.  Margo is referred to as Mrs. Cranston by the valet.  I won't go any deeper into the story other than to say that Margo wasn't introduced into the pulps until 1941.  The proxy (which used to be Harry Vincent) is a high school student with psychic powers and is an "expert" on The Shadow.  And this takes place in 2087.  All in all, this feels like a concept that has been sitting around Patterson's office and he & his ghoster have tweaked it for this reboot of our hero. The writing makes no attempt at replicating Gibson's style.  I've never read Patterson before but I feel that most of this is Sitts' work.

I'll try to blast through it and see if they pull in the run of The Shadow magazine and tie it all up or if they just want this to be more like the radio series.  Right now I am getting a "The Shadow Now" feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment