Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Finally!

On my recent trip to Minnesota my wife and I stopped for lunch in a small town.  Looking across the street we saw some "antique" stores, getting my wife pretty worked up.  She's always on the lookout for something to add to her collection.  As the dutiful husband I followed her to the first shop and headed for the used books section.  Nuthin'!  She found nothing either and thought we should just get back in the car and finish our trip.  I saw a "vintage"store right next door and made her go in.  While she looked around I headed to the back of the shop and found, all the way in a shadowy corner, the hat I've been looking for for a very long time.  It's, to my eye, perfect.  I plan to have it cleaned and shaped a bit but it looks pretty spot on as is.  Trim the hat band a bit and I think I'll have it re-lined (in red satin) and then I'll be ready to slink down the alleys of my city.  Well, probably not, but I'll finally have a prized addition to my Shadow collection.

6 comments:

  1. Nice, sweet, perfect, great, wonderful. Does she have a twin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure there are more out there, I'll look at the manufacturer and post as much information as I find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, thanks. I did find a company that does make them:Baron Hats
    1619 W. Burbank Blvd.
    Burbank, CA 91506
    (818)563-3025
    The price is between $500 and $750 depending on the materials used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is another possibility at a much more reasonable price:
    http://www.gentlemansemporium.com/store/001068.php

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike,

    All I can tell you about the hat is that it is from Bailey and it's a "Long Oval". Here is a link for an Ebay sale.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/161172132683?lpid=82

    ReplyDelete