Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Freak Show Murders

So so cover.  Definitely not a true Shadow cover.  I did read this some time ago when I found it at the library as part of a Dover reprint in hardcover.  I know I was thrilled at the time because I was still in the early throws of my infatuation with the character.  Now my infatuation has only grown and matured over the years but I'm sure that this tale doesn't hold up as well as the early, vengeance ridden novels of the 30's, my favorites.  Here is the ever present link to a review, should you wish to learn more.

1 comment:

  1. From what I've read of the review, this sounds like the basis for the Denny O'Neil / Mike Wm Kaluta story of the same name in The Shadow #2. Wonder how many other stories featured in the comics are directly linked to the pulp magazine ones?

    ReplyDelete