Thursday, October 28, 2010

"Night of the Falling Death"

Joe Kubert drew this cover. I mention this since I attended his school, worked for him through his design studio, and was a student of his. I've always loved his work but here it just doesn't say "The Shadow" to me. And as much as people identify with his Sgt. Rock work, I believe the best stuff was his adaptations of ERB's Tarzan! Anyhow, the interiors of this story are by Frank Robbins and Frank McLaughlin. And the script is by Michael Uslan rather than Denny O'Neil.
As a side note, the title that appears on this cover differs slightly from the title on the splash page. I noticed this with the last issue and checked and found that it happened a lot with this run of The Shadow. Not always, but enough to be noted as a curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment